Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "We couldn't have been happier with our Armstrong experience. From our first contact with our surveyor and then our coordinator, all the way through to our mover-everything went well. Everyone stayed in contact with us, showed up on time, worked long, hard hours, and packed/moved our items with great care. Our driver and his crew were a pleasure to work with."
R.G., June 2015
- "My driver, packing, and delivery person was Randy. He made our moving experience stress and hassle free! I will definitely recommend your company and Randy to our friends and co-workers!"
C.H., June 2015
- "Our driver and his crew were very respectful and took care of our home and stuff as if it were theirs. They were exceptional, very knowledgeable, respectful and caring. Everyone was wonderful to work with."
L.P., August 2015
- "All of the movers were excellent. The two movers that loaded my belongings at origin were quick and did an amazing job at packing. The three men who worked on unloading my belongings in Louisville worked on a very hot and humid day, and had to make it up three flights of stairs. They did an amazing job. Both parties deserve recognition."
A.S., July 2015
- "The whole crew from packing and delivering did a great job. Very friendly and helpful!"
T.L., June 2015