Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "We couldn't have been happier with our Armstrong experience. From our first contact with our surveyor and then our coordinator, all the way through to our mover-everything went well. Everyone stayed in contact with us, showed up on time, worked long, hard hours, and packed/moved our items with great care. Our driver and his crew were a pleasure to work with."
R.G., June 2015
- "My driver, packing, and delivery person was Randy. He made our moving experience stress and hassle free! I will definitely recommend your company and Randy to our friends and co-workers!"
C.H., June 2015
- "Our driver and his crew were very respectful and took care of our home and stuff as if it were theirs. They were exceptional, very knowledgeable, respectful and caring. Everyone was wonderful to work with."
L.P., August 2015
- "All of the movers were excellent. The two movers that loaded my belongings at origin were quick and did an amazing job at packing. The three men who worked on unloading my belongings in Louisville worked on a very hot and humid day, and had to make it up three flights of stairs. They did an amazing job. Both parties deserve recognition."
A.S., July 2015
- "The whole crew from packing and delivering did a great job. Very friendly and helpful!"
T.L., June 2015