By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "We couldn't have been happier with our Armstrong experience. From our first contact with our surveyor and then our coordinator, all the way through to our mover-everything went well. Everyone stayed in contact with us, showed up on time, worked long, hard hours, and packed/moved our items with great care. Our driver and his crew were a pleasure to work with."
R.G., June 2015
- "My driver, packing, and delivery person was Randy. He made our moving experience stress and hassle free! I will definitely recommend your company and Randy to our friends and co-workers!"
C.H., June 2015
- "Our driver and his crew were very respectful and took care of our home and stuff as if it were theirs. They were exceptional, very knowledgeable, respectful and caring. Everyone was wonderful to work with."
L.P., August 2015
- "All of the movers were excellent. The two movers that loaded my belongings at origin were quick and did an amazing job at packing. The three men who worked on unloading my belongings in Louisville worked on a very hot and humid day, and had to make it up three flights of stairs. They did an amazing job. Both parties deserve recognition."
A.S., July 2015
- "The whole crew from packing and delivering did a great job. Very friendly and helpful!"
T.L., June 2015